Verbal Fulcrums UK 2023
Dates Wednesday 3rd May to Sunday 7th May 2023; arrival between 2pm and 6pm on Wednesday, leaving at 4pm on Sunday.
Location Purelands Retreat Centre, Kagyu Samye Ling Monastery and Tibetan Centre, Eskdalemuir, Langholm, Dumfries, DG13 0QL
Cost £495 all inclusive (single rooms with shared facilities and vegetarian full board). Payment by instalments possible. £439 for those who come in a campervan.
Pre-requisites Attendance of Core I and Core II ZB classes
I am honoured to be organising one of Jim McCormick's Advanced Zero Balancing workshops to take place in the UK: Verbals Fulcrums.
Using Zero Balancing principles and skills learned from years of practice, and study of many systems of processing, this class will create an experiential laboratory to look at how we can use words in Zero Balancing to deepen the effects of our ZB sessions. Learning how to feel comfortable and successful using verbal fulcrums within a session is of great value for the Zero Balancer. Experience has shown that in certain held areas, and with certain clients, more complete healing can happen with verbal processing.
The class will include theoretical presentations of dynamic models for better understanding the transformational processes that take place in Zero Balancing. It will also include experiential exercises designed to help us practice working in all areas of ZB where we use words – getting rapport with clients initially; framing; using verbal fulcrums in a ZB session; and using words after sessions – in evaluating; helping the client become more aware of the learning that occurred; creating “homework” for clients that energetically matches their need; to the final goodbye.
- Learn when (and when not) to use verbal processing in Zero Balancing sessions
- Learn how to use words safely, respectfully, and effectively in many different situations in Zero Balancing
- Learn how to use words that keep the client in their “right brain”
- Learn how to create deeper rapport and deeper frames with clients, which allows more change in ZB sessions
It is recommended to read Jim's book, Zero Balancing: Conscious Touch and Transformation before attending the course.
Location & Accommodation
The workshop will take place at the Purelands Retreat Centre at Samye Ling Monestary, the largest Tibetan Buddhist monestary in the United Kingdom, based in Southern Scotland.
All meals provided are vegetarian.
To show respect for ourselves and others and to protect Samye Ling as a sacred space, the Abbot, Choje Lama Yeshe Losal Rinpoche requests all who visit and stay to follow these rules:
- To protect life and refrain from killing.
- To respect other's property and refrain from stealing.
- To speak the truth and refrain from lying.
- To embrace health and refrain from intoxicants.
- To respect others and refrain from harmful sexual activity.
No alcohol is permitted on site.
All visitors are allowed to join the daily prayers and meditations in the main temple. See the daily schedule here.
A Conversation with Jim McCormick